I completed my Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology at Stellenbosch. Subsequently, I worked for more than a decade at Ekupholeni Mental Health and Trauma Centre. I managed the centre, developed and supervised therapeutic programmes and offered individual and group therapy.
Much of my work focused on helping adult and child survivors of violence deal with the experiences and after effects. This included grief and bereavement work in relation to severe illness, violence and accidental and natural death.
I found it especially inspiring to accompany women who were coping with challenging life situations.
After ten years I moved to private practice using my skills to support individuals and families in the areas of:
• Supporting personal change agendas (getting unstuck)
• Trauma and stressful life situations in adults
• Trauma and stressful life situations in children, using play therapy and parental guidance
• Psychosomatic issues
• Supporting professionals in stressful and trauma-exposed professions
• Child wish / fertility related issues in single persons and couples
• Sexuality-related concerns
• Women’s concerns, such as post-natal depression, dealing with multiple roles at home and work, life-stage concerns (new baby, expat life for a period of time, empty-nest syndrome, etc.)
HPCSA Registration Number: PS 0108863
Practice Number 0860 000 066 1589
I conduct therapy in German, English and Afrikaans